The Visitor Centre - Maison du Visiteur
Individuals, adult and school groups welcomed, enabling each person to :
- prepare to cross the threshold of the basilica,
- read the message written into the stone by the builers and following in their steps, enter into a whole new world
- receive keys for understanding,
- be accompanied in the basiliqca or take part in historical walks, drawing or sculpture workshops ...
So that everyone can, according to her aspirations :
1/ Approach Vézelay and its basilica with films and models and discover:
- the keys for entering into a universe of harmony
- the know-how of the builders,
- the law and rules governing the edification of monuments: orientation, elevation, proportions,
- the symbolism of the light and the sculpture in the basilica
Prices: Individuals 8€, reduced 6€, children (7 to 12 years) 3,50€
Groups from 20 people 7€/pers., school 6€/pers., primary 5€/pers.
Groups of less than 20 people, contact us
2/ Be accompanied in the basilica according to an itinerary that privileges silence, and a sensitive encouter with the building.
Duration: 45 minutes
Price: groups (minimum 10 people) 3€/pers. + the basilica costs
3/ Participate in historical walks to discover Vézelay's key figures and treasures, and enjoy the surronding countryside
Duration: 1h to 1h30
Price: grups (minimum 10 people) 5 to 8€/pers.
4/ Organize workshops, business seminars
The Visitor Centre
La Maison du Visiteurt is located in the heart of the village, halfway up the hill to the basilica.
Place Guillon - 89450 Vézelay
Tél. +33 (0)220.127.116.11.65
For groups: all year round by reservation
- from 18 April to 30 June and from 1 September to 31 October: visits at 10h30, 11h, 14h30 and 15h every day (except Sunday and Wednesday)
- from 8 July to 31 August: visits at 10h30, 11h, 14h30, 15h, 16h and 17h every day (except Sunday)
- in December: visits 1.30pm (dates to check on the website)